Lead generation is the process of generating consumer interest for a product or service with the goal of turning that interest into a sale. Optimizing your website to generate leads is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as throwing a “Click Here” button on your home page watching leads pour in. The process typically starts when a website visitor clicks on a call-to-action (CTA) located on your site. That CTA leads them to a landing page, which includes a form used to collect the visitor’s contract information.
Here are five simple ways to optimize your site for lead generation:
- Make a landing page:
- A landing page on your website specifically designed to capture and convert leads. Rather than arriving on a homepage of your website, a visitor will first find themselves on a landing page. This landing page will have some kind of form or info box where visitors can enter their information in exchange for a deal you are offering them.
- Develop a live chat service for your website:
- Live chat services are increasing not just their sophistication, but in how many people expect them when learning about vendors they might want to buy from. To generate leads through live chat, audit your website to see which of your visitors spend most of their time on. You can install a live chat tool on the pages where customers need the most assistance or information. This allows you to casually collect and log insight on their product needs while answering their questions.
- Automate Emails:
- This strategy is a great follow-up to the landing page. Once visitors entered their email addresses in exchange for an offer or deal, you can set up your email system to automatically send them a “thank you for joining” message. This is known as a kickback email. This is proven to more than double the rates of engagement between newly converted leads. The thank-you email shows potential customers that you have taken the time to address them personally, and you value their input.
- Personalize your CTAs:
- Dynamic content lets you cater the experience of visiting your website to each, unique web visitor. People who land on your site will see images, buttons, and product options that are specifically tailored to their interests, the pages they’ve viewed, or items they’ve purchased before. Personalized CTAs convert 42% more visitors than basic CTAs. In other words, dynamic content and on-page personalization helps you generate more leads.
- Nurture your leads:
- No lead is going to magically turn into a customer. Leads are only as good as your nurturing efforts. Place leads into a workflow once they fill out a form on your landing page so they don’t forget about you, and deliver them valuable content that matches their interest. Lead nurturing should start with relevant follow up emails that include great content.
Websites are a vital part of the lead generation for any business. You depend on leads to close sales and grow your business. Using the tips above, you can take advantage of every opportunity without letting unsatisfied website visitors to slip away.